Hey everyone, welcome to or welcome back to my blog! Today I’m going through how to read Mariana Zapata’s books. Mariana Zapata is one of my favourite authors of all time and definitely my favourite romance author. her books can all be read as standalone but a lot of the later ones included cameos with other characters so today I’m writing up a quick summary of which books are connected and how you should read them.
Honestly, I started with The Wall of Winnipeg and Me and then went from there and I think it’s fine to just pick and choose whatever most interests you and then go on from there. The cameos rarely impact the plot in any major way and you can treat all of MZ’s books as standalones, but if you want to read in either publication or chronological (from what I can guess) order, that’s what I’m going through today!
If you’re looking for a quick graphic to save to your phone I highly recommend this one I found on Pinterest.
*the best that I can guess
- Under Locke
- Kulti (connected to Under Locke)
- Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin (small mention of Kulti)
- Luna and the lie (connected to Lingus, The Best Thing & Hands Down)
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (connected to Hands Down)
- Dear Aaron (Small mention of RC&M + TWOW&M. Connected to From Lukov with Love – mc is Jas’ sister)
- From Lukov with Love (connected to Dear Aaron)
- The Best Thing (connected to Luna & The Lie & Hands Down)
- Hands down (cameo from Jas & Ivan [FLWL])
- Wait for It (set 2/3 yrs after TWOW&M. Connected to Winnipeg, Kulti, Under Locke & Hands Down)
- All Rhodes Lead Here (mentions Kulti)
As of Nov 2022, When Gracie Met The Grump (2022) is part of a different universe & Lingus has no cameos.
As you can see, MZ’s later books have more mentions or others characters & cameos. These are really fun to spot if you’ve read her other books but they’re not important to the story most of the time so you really don’t have to read them in chronological order unless you’re super adamant about it.
2012 – 2022
- Lingus (2012)
- Under Locke (2014)
- Kulti (2015)
- Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin (2015)
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (2016)
- Wait For It (2016)
- Dear Aaron (2017)
- From Lukov with Love (2018)
- Luna and The Lie (2018)
- The Best Thing (2019)
- Hands Down (2020)
- All Rhodes Lead Here (2021)
- When Gracie Met The Grump (2022)