Hey everyone, welcome or welcome back to my blog! It’s finally the end of the month and honestly, I’m genuinely so happy about that. May has been such a strange month that I’m excited to five into June and use it as more of a fresh start! I really didn’t read much this month and most of what I did read, was romance so I’m hoping to carry that through to next month and then hopefully read a bit more.
Goodreads Challenge Update!
- Pages read: 4,336 pages
- Books read: 11 books
- Most disappointing book of the month – The Legacy
- Worst book of the month – Savage Lover
- Most surprising book of the month – Brutal Prince
- Best book of the month – Brutal Prince
|MONTH||PAGE COUNT||READ COUNT|
|JAN||8,356 pages||25 books|
|FEB||12.080 pages||37 books|
|MAR||7,308 pages||17 books|
|APR||15,002 pages||39 books|
|MAY||4,336 pages||11 books|
|TOTAL||47,082 pages||129 books|
🌻 – Buddy read // 🎧 – Audiobook // 📚 – Library book // 🔁 – Re-read
🌈 – LGBTQIA+ rep // 🟣 – disability rep // ✨ – 2022 release
*Click on the titles for my Goodreads reviews! You can also find my StoryGraph reviews here!
- The Score [01/05] 🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – Definitely my favourite book in the series so far!
- The Goal [02-03/05] 🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – I really enjoyed Tucker and Sabrina together but, I feel like we didn’t actually get to see these two together very much, compared to the other couples.
- The Legacy [27/04 – 03/05] 🎧🌻 – ⭐⭐.75 – I’m so sorry to say that this just felt like a cash grab.
- The Chase [03/05] 🎧🔁 – ⭐⭐⭐ – I really enjoyed this one and I’m really excited to read the rest of the series now!
- Brutal Prince [05/05] 🎧🌻 – ⭐⭐⭐.25 – A genuine shock to me but I really really enjoyed this! A proper enemies to lovers romance!
I started my buddy read of the Brutal Birthright series with Rebecca @bookishlyrebecca
- Stolen Heir [06/05] 🎧🌻 – ⭐⭐⭐ – Ngl I didn’t realise this was a Beauty and The Beast retelling at first so that threw me for a loop at first but, I ended up enjoying this one (but not as much as book one).
- The Lightning Thief [14/05] 🔁🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – A wonderful nostalgia trip
- Romancing Mr Bridgerton [21-22/05] 🔁🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – I won’t lie I’m a total sucker for friends to lovers and I am so so excited for season 3 of Bridgerton!
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow [26-28/05] 🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – Genuinely do not understand the hype 🤷♀️
- Under Lock and Skeleton Key [28-29/05] 🎧 – ⭐⭐⭐ – I preferred the first half to the second, but if you want a cozy lil mystery with a family focus, I highly recommend this one!
- Savage Lover [08-31/05] 🎧🌻 – ⭐⭐.25 – This was so boring that I was truly holding myself back from DNFing it.Dull 0/10 not worth it
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M READING WHILE I’M READING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON GOODREADS OR STORYGRAPH]
🔁 – Rewatch // 🌈 – LGBTQIA+ // ✨ – 2022 release
- Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness [07/05] ✨ – ⭐⭐⭐ – Yeah, look, lower your expectations for this one because Raimi did not do this character or story justice at all.
- Top Gun [27/05] ⭐⭐⭐ – Cannot say that I understand the hype but okay go off with your planes, I guess.
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M WATCHING WHILE I’M WATCHING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON LETTERBOXD]
my favourite blog post i wrote this month
What did you read this month?
Did we read/watch any of the same things?
Goodreads | StoryGraph | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time | Twitter |
Tumblr | Libro.fm
3 thoughts on “MAY WRAP UP | a slow month full of romance reads!”
I’m reading The Viscount Who Loved Me at the minute, and Colin is fast becoming my favourite Bridgerton–I really hope his season of TV does his book character justice!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Are you enjoying it so far?
Colin is one of my faves too and his book is truly one of my top faves in the series! I have high hopes for season 3 so I really hope they do the characters justice too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did enjoy it, but I think I enjoyed The Duke and I more–but I’m definitely most excited for Colin’s story after how different he was in the books!