Hi friends, welcome back to my blog! Today I’m bringing you a shorter wrap up thatn I’d like but April ended up being a crzy busy month and I didn’t read anywhere near as much as I was hoping to. I had some uni assessments and some serious insomnia problems so honestly April was a tired blur for me, but I managed to somehow read 9 things throughout the month, so I can still scrounge up a wrap up for you all!
Also, just a quick question/side note. How do you all deal with feeling like you aren’t reading enough? I’ve been dealing with this for years, but over the last couple of months it’s really hit me hard, especially since I literally run a book blog, and I don’t really know how to deal with the pressure that I’m putting on myself. I know that I’m a slow reader with a short attention span but for whatever reason I still expect myself to read 15+ books every month and still get everything else in my life done. So, do you also put these pressures on yourself? And how do you deal with it, if you do?
*Also, another side note. I mentioned my insomnia in the title and I think I’ve mentioned it before on here but, I just want to quickly stress that I don’t want to see any comments about how if I’m an insomniac why don’t I just read when I’m not sleeping? That’s really not how it works with me. I had some serious insomnia flare ups in April to the point where I was going through 48+ hour episodes without any sleep (while also going to uni + doing assessments) and really I was a zombie for most of the month to the point where I couldn’t hold coversations or walk straight most of the time, so yeah… I just wanted to put that out there. ❤
- Pages read: 3040
- Books read: 8 books, 1 comic
🌻 – Buddy read // 🎧 – Audiobook // 📚 – Library book // 🔁 – Re-read
🌈 – LGBTQIA+ rep // ❤ – 2021 release
*Click on the titles for my Goodreads reviews!
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 [01/04] 📚🔁 ↢ 3 ⭐ ↣ I didn’t love this unfortunatley. It’s sad that volume one was so good and now the next 2 comics have been so boring.
- Throne of Glass [03/04] 🎧🔁 ↢ 2.5 ⭐ ↣ Not totally what I was expecting and it really could’ve been worse. Yeah, I’ll read book 2.
- Who’s A Good Boy? [18/03 – 04/04] 🎧🌈 ↢ 3.5 ⭐ ↣ This genuinely flew by so quickly and even though there are no more physical collections out I’ll definitely be moving ahead with the podcast!
- That Way Madness Lies [16/03 – 05/04] 🎧🌈❤ ↢ 3 ⭐ ↣ Some of these stories were really good but so many of these were also really bad. I did a full review on Goodreads if you want a breakdown of each story.
- Caraval [06/04] 🎧🔁↢ 3.5 ⭐ ↣ Not my favourite re-read but I loved the writing and my mood genuinely lifted once we got to Caraval!
- Miss Meteor [09/04] 🎧🌻🌈 ↢ 3.75 ⭐ ↣ The perfect balance of reality and magical realism. I’m stunned at how FEW people have picked this up because it definitely deserves more attention!
- White Whiskey Bargain [27/04] 🎧 ↢ 1 ⭐ ↣ Ugh. No thanks.
- The Raven Boys [13 – 30/04] 🎧🔁🌈 ↢ 3.5 ⭐ ↣ It honestly felt so good to be back in this world, I’ll defintiely be re-reading the other books soon!
- The Friend Zone [30/04] 🎧 ↢ 2.5 ⭐ ↣ My reaction to this book is just Cardi B screaming WHAT WAS THE REASON?!!
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M READING WHILE I’M READING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON GOODREADS OR STORYGRAPH]
🔁 – Rewatch // 🎬 – Film shorts // 🌏 – Documentary // 🌈 – LGBTQIA+
// ❤ – 2021 release
*Click on the titles for my Letterboxd reviews!
- About Time [01/04] ↢ 2.5 ⭐ ↣ No thank you.
- I, Tonya [02/04] ↢ 4.5 ⭐ ↣ Genuinely one of the best movies I’ve seen in SUCH a long time. All of the performances in this movie were amzing and I’ll defintielybe forcing many people to watch this in the future!
- Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train [05/04] ↢ 2.5 ⭐ ↣ Pretty good until they got off the train tbh.
- Godzilla vs. Kong [07/04] ❤↢ 2 ⭐ ↣ Felt like 3 different movies and none of them were good.
- Mamma Mia! [08/04] 🔁 ↢ 5 ⭐ ↣ Perfect, as always. Automatically put a smile on my face.
- Before We Go [11/04] ↢ 2.5 ⭐ ↣ Not a terrible movie, just really uninspired.
- Tom and Jerry [21/04] ❤ ↢ 4 ⭐ ↣ Genuinely such a fun character that I will absolutely rewatch in the future!
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier [27/03 – 24/04] ❤ ↢ 4 ⭐ ↣ Directed so well and genuinely got me excited for future MCU movies!
- Frozen The Musical [25/04] ↢ 4 ⭐ ↣ I’m not going to lie, this was amazing and I would see it again in a heartbeat.
- Hamilton The Musical [28/04] ↢ 4 ⭐ ↣ Not amazing, but obviously the soundtrack is the BOMB.COM
- Before Sunrise [29/04] ↢ 2 ⭐ ↣ How did someone manage to make such a boring movie??
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M WATCHING WHILE I’M WATCHING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON LETTERBOXD]
- Welcome to Nightvale – episodes 91 – ?? – I’ve officially read past rhe phsyical collections so now I’m just trying to record where I’m up to for when vol 5 (hopefully) comes out so I can eventually log it.
- Demon Slayer Season 1 – episodes 1 – 10 – DNF – I was pretty much done with this after ep 1 but I was completely done with this after ep 10. None of the characters have personalities and the sister is literally treated like a dog (+ she can’t speak which makes it so much worse) so I’m passing on this one.
Want to read my review of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?
What did you read this month?
Did we read/watch any of the same things?