So… November. I had such high hopes but then I ended up working 3 jobs all at once and life sort of overtook my hobbies and so I went from reading everyday in the first few days on the month to sperativally reading a few pages in my lunch breaks and effectlively falling inato a reading slump. So disappointing but the school year ends ina few days so I’ll go back to only having one job which will be a huge relief and will give me some more free time!
On the other hand, this month I also made plans to watch a movie every day which was a bit difficult with me working 8-5 for a lot of the month but I somehow managed to do it, with a lot of short films and catching up with full-length feature films on the weekend.
- Jan 2020: 4,479 pages
- Feb 2020: 7,109 pages
- March 2020: 4,156 pages
- April 2020: 9,116 pages
- May 2020: 5,866 pages
- June 2020: 2,466 pages
- July 2020: 1,942 pages
- August 2020: 4,062 pages
- September 2020: 1,432 pages
- October 2020: 2,456 pages
- November 2020: 1,496 pages
- # Read this month: 6
🌻 – Buddy read
🎧 – Audiobook
📚 – Library book
💻 – Ebook/Kindle
🔁 – Re-read
✨ – Review copy
🌈 – LGBTQIA+ rep
*Click on the covers to go to my Goodreads reviews!
- A Court of Mist and Fury [28 – 03/11] – 4 ⭐ – I love how the story is progressing and all of the nex characters we met in this one, I’m honestly living for the friendship between Feyre and Cassien!
- Fence Vol 4 [01 – 05/11] – 4 ⭐ – I genuinely cannot believe I’m saying this…but this was actually GOOD??? A total suprise since volumes 1-3 were all pretty subpar!
- ATLA The Promise [05 – 09/11] – 3 ⭐ – An interesting plot but the romance between two 14 year olds was too weird for me. Also, as always, there wasn’t enough Sokka for my taste.
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch Vol 1 [10 – 11/11] – 4 ⭐ – As always, Kelly Thompson just KNOWS how to write a fantastic main character and hits all the right notes!
- Eat and Love Yourself [23/11] – 4.5 ⭐ – I can’t put into words what this graphic novel meant to me, just know that is fantastic and so so important! Exactly what I needed right now! ❤
- A Silent Voice Vol 4 [24/11] – 4 ⭐ – As a HoH person this was an incredibly difficult read and I had to take a lot of breaks, but it was worth it and I cant wait to continue in the series!
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M READING WHILE I’M READING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON GOODREADS OR STORYGRAPH]
🔁 – Rewatch
🎬 – Film shorts
🌏 – Documentary
🌈 – LGBTQIA+
*Click on the covers for my Letterboxd reviews!
# Shorts: 16
# Movies: 32
- Madagascar [01/11] – 3 ⭐ – Not as good as I remember but King Hulian is still amazing!
- A Life on Our Planet [02/11] – 4 ⭐ – I’ve literally never watched a documentary in my life but this was a perfect place to start! Absolutely fantastic and such a necessary watch!
- Your Name. [03/11] – 5 ⭐ – A new favourite! This movie is absolutely fantastic and has BIG Lake House (2006) vibes!
- Once Upon A Snowman [04/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – So cute! No hate if you don’t like Olaf but I love his little shorts and this was no different!
- Purl [05/11] – 2 ⭐ – Didn’t love this one as much as I was hoping too. honestly, the whole idea that you have to change everything about yourself to fit in with the people around you is a dreadful message to send to children so this wasn’t the short for me.
- Float [06/11] – 4 ⭐ – So cute! I also loved that it focused on a single father and his son!
- Space Jam [06/11] – 4 ⭐ – I couldn’t give a damn about basketball and I barely know who Michael Jordan is but I love the Looney Tunes so this was a total blast for me! Does anyone else find it weird how much this movie focuses on MJ’s baseball career???
- Smash and Grab [07/11] – 3 ⭐ – I loved this story and colouring!!
- Wind [08/11] – 3 ⭐ – So cute!!
- Howl’s Moving Castle [08/11] – 4 ⭐ – Not my favourite SG film but still a lot of fun! I love Sophie, Cal and Markl!
- La Luna [09/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – All I’ve wanted to do all month is watch Xmas movies & Studio Ghibli films but clearly this is actually going to be the month of 8 miniute shorts because guess who is now working 3 jobs all at once… 🙋♀️ That being said, these Pixar shorts are damn good!
- Burn-E [10/11] – 3 ⭐ – This was more enjoyable than the entirety of Wall-E
- Kitbull [11/11] – 3 ⭐ – A serious downer with a short but hopeful ending. Definitely not something you should watch if you’re already in a bad mood!
- Destino [12/11] – 3 ⭐ – This was absolutely fantastic! Amazing animation and such an intriguing story! I highly recommend oin gand checking out the shorts on Disney+ because they’re all so different and this is one of the best!
- Riley’s First Date? [13/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – A fun reminder that I need to rewatch Inside Out asap!
- Castle in The Sky [14/11] – 4 ⭐ – Lags a bit in the first half but oh my god does it pay off in the second half! One of my favourite Studio Ghibli movies!!
- Piper [15/11] – 4 ⭐ – Very cute, loved the naimation style!
- Auntie Edna [16/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – So cute and definitely the best thing to come out of the sequel!
- Lava [17/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – cute but I’ve seen it a few times at the point so the cuteness is sstarting to wear off.
- The Polar Express [17/11] – 1.5 ⭐ – One of the strangest and most annoying Christmas films in existence and unfortunately for me, my brothers love it and insist on watching it.
- Think Like A Man [17/11] – 2 ⭐ – I love the cast and having an all-black cast especially, but the actual movie itself is so incredibly flawesd! (Also, I’m just never goin gto be a fan of Kevin Hart as a comedian or an actor)
- Bohemian Rhapsody [18/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – Queen is amazing and Rami Malek is fantastic in the Live-Aid scene but the rest of the movie is a total miss!
- About Last Night [18/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – Really enjoyed this one and I love how it’s a remake of a classic, with an all black cast. But again, Kevin Hart… he’s just not funny.
- Partly Cloudy [19/11] – 5 ⭐ – SO cute oh my god! I’m a sucker for friendship stories so this was completely up my alley!
- Lilo & Stitch [20/11] – 5 ⭐ – Perfect in every way!
- The Princess Switch 2: Switched Again [20/11] – 2 ⭐ – This really isn’t a good movie. There’s nothing inherently wrong with it and it’s exactly what it says on the box. It’s just not a good movie.
- Fred Claus [20/11] – 3 ⭐ – An interesting idea and a great twist on the whole Santa Claus story but there was just something missing, some humour maybe?
- The Princess Switch [21/11] – 3 ⭐ – A fun, if not completely non-sensible movie.
- The Princess Switch 2: Switched Again [21/11] – 2 ⭐ – A trash movie with slightly higher stakes than the first movie but still here I am excited for the third movie.
- The Grinch [22/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – I LOVE this movie and I honestly don’t understand why people would rather watch the live-action when this movie is right here!
- Alien Xmas [22/11] – 3 ⭐ – THis would have been a good short, it really idn’t need to be 40 minutes long!
- The Knight Before Christmas [22/11] – 2 ⭐ – A genuinely awful movie, I doubt I’ll be watching it again.
- High School Musical: Senior Year [22/11] – 4.5 ⭐ – An almost perfect movie that just shows what a director can do with a decent budget.
- High School Musical [22/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – THe perfect nostalgic movie with a bangin’ soundtrack! HOWEVER, it’s so weird and distracting to watch knowing that Zac Efron isn’t the one singing.
- High School Musical 2 [22/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – Not as nostalgic as the first, but objectively a better movie.
- The Return of Doctor Mysterio [23/11] – 4 ⭐ – Something you could totally get away with watching if you’ve never seen Doctor Who. It’s just a chill movie about a dude who wants to save lives and still babysit a little kid.
- Shawn Mendes: In Wonder [24/11] – 3 ⭐ – I’m not really a documentary kind of person but this was certainly interesting.
- The Greatest Showman [24/11] – 3 ⭐ – After watching this, I can see how Efron was cast as Bundy – he barely cracks a smile in this movie. Soundtrack’s a bop tho.
- The Lucky One [24/11] – 3 ⭐ – I’ve seen this a few times now and I am constantly distubed by how black-faced Efron is. I do keep coming back to this movie though, I think it’s because of the dogs.
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile [25/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – Very distrubing. Had me on edge for days.
- Holiday in The Wild [25/11] – 3 ⭐ – A different kind of Christmas movie so it was fun for that aspect, but otherwise it was pretty dull. Loved the elephants and conversation around poaching though.
- New Year’s Eve [25/11] – 1.5 ⭐ – Eh. A bunch of b-list actors all hitting rock bottom at the same time.
- Rescue Squad Mater [26/11] – 2 ⭐ – Completely pointless but probably fun for the target audience.
- Jump In! [27/11] – 3 ⭐ – Not me thinking this was a dancing movie… 😂 Good but clearly nostalgia is why so many people love this movie.
- Bad Neighbours [27/11] – 3.5 ⭐ – A total suprise to me and possibly Zac Efron’s best perfomance to date.
- The Princess Bride [28/11] – 4 ⭐ – The start is a bit rocky and I don’t really understand why the main couple fell in love but this movie is worth it for the fantastic script and comedic timing!
- Criminal Minds Season 1 [15 – 29/11] – 3.75 ⭐ – Why, yes I did just start a fifteen season tv show… Honestly though, as much as I love the characters I can understand why Mandy Pitinkin left – most of the killers are men who rape or brutally murder their victims. It’s not an easy show to binge watch.
- Bridesmaids [29/11] – 1 ⭐ – One of my least favourite brands of humour, also some really distasteful dialogue moments – fatphobic comments used for humour? No thanks.
- Lifted [30/11] – 3 ⭐ – Cute but not a favourite. Still, a good way to end the month.
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M WATCHING WHILE I’M WATCHING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON LETTERBOXD]
A Court of Wings and Ruin [03 – ??/11] – 25% – I was really hoping to have this finished at the beginning of the month, but as you can see I was very unexpectedly busy this month and never got around to finishing this!
WHAT DID YOU READ THIS MONTH?
DID WE READ/WATCH ANY OF THE SAME THINGS?
Goodreads | StoryGraph | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time | Twitter | Tumblr
2 thoughts on “NOVEMBER WRAP UP // comfort movies and not a whole lot of free time”
Looks like you read some good things! I hope December is a bit quieter for you and you have more time for hobbies!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did! I didn’t read a lot but what I did read was all pretty good! I have high hopes for December too!
Good luck with your tbr!
LikeLiked by 1 person