Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog!
Ooh wow, what to say? It’s been a very long month for me, full of uni work and not much else! I didn’t read much this month and I didn’t watch a lot either! So, you’d think I would’ve been blogging like crazy but sadly I barely posted anything at all, it seems all of my creative energy went out the window in July. I am starting to get my mojo back now though, so I have hope for August and I have officially started planning round 2 of the readathon that I co-host with Destiny! The official dates are October 11 – 19th in your time zone! (@GraphicsAthon)
↣ If you have any thoughts on what you want to see in a readathon, I’d appreciate your input here!
I’ve had a very up and down month in terms of ratings and whether I actually enjoyed what I was reading but, a plus to that is I found a new favourite 5 star read and I already can’t wait to re-read it in the future!! I also, weirdly read mostly blue-green books this month which was wild because one day, I was literally dressed head to toe in blue, next to a stack of blue books while eating a blue cake that I had made (in fairness, I was reading Percy Jackson at the time) and I think that’s honestly very weird but also low-key hilarious. It was unintentional, I swear!
Insomnia Update: I spent the majority of the month going to sleep around 3 in the morning and then waking up a few hours later for class around 8am once Uni started. BUT, thankfully I am now taking Melatonin so I’m starting to get back on track with a sleep schedule and I’m now going to sleep around midnight each night and it’s amazing! I’m still completely exhausted but I do have a lot of sleep to catch up to be fair! 😂💕
No catch up this month as I threw out my tbr pretty early into the month!
- Jan 2020: 4,479 pages
- Feb 2020: 7,109 pages
- March 2020: 4,156 pages
- April 2020: 9,116 pages
- May 2020: 5,866 pages
- June 2020: 2,466 pages
- July 2020: 1,942 pages
- # Read this month: 6
🌻 – Buddy read
🎧 – Audiobook
📚 – Library book
💻 – Ebook/Kindle
🔁 – Re-read
✨ – Review copy
🌈 – LGBTQIA+ rep
*Click on the covers to go to my Goodreads reviews!
- Percy Jackson & The Battle of The Labyrinth [03 – 05/07] – 4 ⭐ – 🌻🎧🔁 – buddy read with Destiny – Probably the best book in the series so far, this has me so excited to read the next series because I’m supeer excited to see these charcaters grow up!
- Artemis Fowl [06/07] – 3.75 ⭐ – 🎧🔁 – I’ve been meaning to re-read this for months and I finally had the urge to listen to a short book so I chucked the audiobook on and I honestly had a great time!
- The Bane Chronicles [16/05 – 10/07] – 2 ⭐ – 🌈 – I’m so glad this is over. 0/10 do not recommend.
- The Weight of the Stars [29/06 – 10/07] – 5 ⭐ – 📚🌈 – Some minor flaws when you think about it but this was honestly a perfect book for me.
- Percy Jackson & The Last Olympian [24 – 28/07] – 4 ⭐ – 🌻🎧🔁 – buddy read with Destiny – I genuinely had such a great time reading this and I cannot wait to read the next series asap!
- Romeo + Juliet [28/07] – 2 ⭐ – 🎧🔁 – buddy read with __ – I am so over constantly having to re-read this for school and I hope i never see these ridiculous naive kids again
[IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I’M READING WHILE I’M READING, YOU CAN CATCH ME ON GOODREADS OR STORYGRAPH]
*Click on the covers for my Letterboxd reviews!
- Transformers [02/07] – 3.5 ⭐ – @ 49:34 we see the words “to punish and enslave” written on a police car in cursive and honestly they weren’t wrong.
- Hamilton [03/07] – 4 ⭐ – The soundtrack is bangin but I think it’s worth putting in the 5 minutes of research beforehand to remind yourself that the founding fathers were awful, not POC and defintiely did not rap in cabinet meetings.
- Avatar Season 2 [Jan – 11/07] – 3.5 ⭐ – Lots of fun but it also took me like, 6 months to watch so I don’t even know what to think.
- Mr Right [10/07] – 3.5 ⭐ – I 100% lost braincells watching this movie and I might also need therapy now.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies [10/07] – 2.5 ⭐ – Okay, so my mum loved this movie and has already watched it again but it really wasn’t my cup of tea.
- Rent [11/07] – 3 ⭐ – I didn’t love it while I was watching it but, I have since been listening to the soundtrack pretty much exclusively and I think that if I watched it again I’d appreciate it more.
- Lucifer Season 1 [15/07 – 18/07] – 3.75 ⭐ – I’ve always named this show as one of my favourites but I recently realised that I’ve never actually watched past season 2 so I’m here to rectify that. A+ love it, would re-watch this season for a 4th time.
- Little Fish [23/07] – 2⭐ – Good acting but too boring for me, personally. Very Australian Grunge Cinema™.
- Much Ado About Nothing [24/07] – 4 ⭐ – So much fun! Also, MORE Tom Ellis content!
- Avatar Season 3 [11/07 – ???] – 3 ⭐ – Probably my least favourite season but I still really enjoyed it.
- Hart of Dixie Season 1 [13/07 – ???] – I’m ngl I’m getting a real kick out of these accents! 😂
- Lucifer Season 2 [18/07 – ???] – All I can manage to think about lately is school or this show so hopefullly I’ll be able to actually keep watching it since I’m notorious for being t e r r i b l e at watching tv shows!
- Miranda Season 1 [26/07 – ???] – I could only make myself watch one episode because of all the second-hand embarrassment but when I tell you I cackled for an entire 30 minutes 😍😍 Also, Tom Ellis (pre-Lucifer) is in this show so obviously I’m having the literal time of my life right now.
- The Lost Hero [30/07 – ???] – I read this for the first time a few years ago and I’m just now re-reading the series and honestly, I’m having a total blast so far!
Everything I reviewed this month!
WHAT DID YOU READ THIS MONTH?
HOW’S YOUR 2020 READING GOAL GOING SO FAR?