2020 really has been a whole ass mess, huh.
I don’t usually do this but I’ve been lobing updating you all on how my reading has been going so far this year so I figured why not do a mid-year goals update too? So, here we are, my goals update so far this year:
- “Followers goal: As I’m writing this on December 20th, I have 732 followers. Throughout 2020 I would like to gain 900 followers.”
This is crazy but just last week I actually hit 900 followers and I have since surpassed that! I have no idea how that happened but I appreciate that you all have stuck around with me and my blog and I hope you continue to enjoy my dumb of ass content!
- “As a general rule in 2020, I would like to post at least twice a week but I also recognise that I have a very busy and stressful life, and I’ll be going back to school so who knows what’s going to happen. Either way, I would like to know my limits and be able to tell myself to stop and breathe when I need to. Is that an okay goal? I don’t know, but I hope it works out for me. Good luck 2020 me!”
So, I haven’t totally stuck to this because I’ve defintiely had a wonky blogging schedule this year but at the same time, 2020 hasn’t exactly gone as planned, has it? So much for trying to keep a stress-free environment…
- Write at least 1 review a month, or more if I can!
Amazingly I have actually done this! So far this year I have publsihed at least 1 book review per month and lately I’ve been posting 3-5 per month and I’m hoping to keep up that momentum!
- Write at least 2 movie reviews in 2020.
Supringly I’ve actually already published three movie reviews this year so I’ve defintiely completed this goal and I’m really proud of that considering I haven’t been to the cinemas in months!
- “I’m currently in a reading slump as I’m writing this so my only real reading goal for 2020 is just to read as much as I possibly can, without pushing my limits and stressing myself out.”
My general per-year average reading-wise is to read just over the hundred mark of books read each year, but so far this year I’ve managed to read 107 things so I’d say I’m definitely reading as much as I possibly can. If anything, I probably need to slow down. I am hoping to reach 150-200 books by the end of the year, just to say that I did it.
- “I am hoping throughout 2020 to go from being a full-time student to a part-time student so my only real school goal for the year is just to do as much as I can without burning myself out and to transfer to being a part-time student around the middle of the year.”
Ha. Ha. Ha. HA.
Okay, so obviously 2020 has not gone to plan at all. I was planning on going to part time but because I might not even be going back to work I figured why not just do the damn thing and I’m still a full-time student. However, next year, if I need to I will 100% go from full time to part time. Covid-19 has just really messed me and my school plans around but, what can you do really.
- “I don’t really have any life goals other than doing what I love and trying not to let school ruin me in 2020, like it did in 2019.”
Honestly, I have no idea what to even say about this goal tbh. I haven’t really had much of a life so far this year because I haven’t really been leaving my house since March. BUT, I have been loving gardening so far this year so that has been a fun new quirk in my life.
How are you going with your 2020 goals?