So, I’m currently stuck at home (I’m definitely not complaining, I’m happy to do whatever I can to keep people safe!) but because I’m not working or travelling to and from Uni, I suddenly have A LOT of extra time in my life, so I figured why not make a book tag? And a relevant one? I hope you guys enjoy this one and maybe it helps you take your mind off things for a second! Enjoy!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1) What are you currently reading?
I’m writing this a bit in advance of when my actual tag will go up, but as I’m writing my answers I’m listening to Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. So far, it’s pretty basic rebellion politics so I’m feeling eh on it, but it’s not bad by any means.
2) What’s your favourite ‘can’t-leave-the-house’ activity?
Surprisingly, playing Animal Crossing. Because I’m not currently working, and school will be over at the end of this month, so basically I have *a lot* more time on my hands. So, when I’m not reading I’m playing animal crossing or sleeping, basically. I didn’t love the game when I first started playing but, I’ve only been playing for half an hour to an hour every few days and it’s been a lot of fun!
3) A book you’ve been meaning to read for forever
I know I wrote these questions but I actually had to pause and think about this for a second. In all honesty, I usually get to the books on my tbr eventually but, the book I’ve had on my tbr that I’ve been itching to get to for years is The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. He’s one of my favourite fantasy authors because of the way he writes his worlds so, as soon as a few more of the books in the series have been published I am going to jump on this series SO FAST!
4) An intimidating book on your tbr
I currently have My Dark Vanessa out from the library but I’ve been putting off reading it for the last month or so. I know this book is completely in my wheelhouse but, I keep avoiding it. Honestly, I think it’s the hype that’s intimidating about this. Either way, this sounds fantastic so I really need to suck it up and start reading!
5) Top 3 priority books on your tbr
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – I have already started this one and so far I’m 21% of the way into the book and I’m really interested to fully do a deep dive into the Marauders as adults vs as kids, just from the info we get in this instalment!
- The Serpent’s Shadow – This the next book on my Riordan-Verse buddy read with Destiny and I can’t wait to start it asap!
- Normal People – I really badly want to try watching this show but, I’ve heard amazing things about the book too and i have the audiobook so I figure, why not chuck this on one day while I’m cooking dinner or whatever. It sounds fantastic and complex and I can’t wait to read it!
6) Recommend a short book
It’s always hard to recommend specific books to a large audience who all have different tastes but, I’ve tried to recommend 3 that I’ve read recently that I managed to read in almost one stint.
- The Foxhole Court – Torture porn, easy to read in one day if you’re into it.
- A Wrinkle in Time – A cute middle grade with a focus on family, whimsical science
- Persuasion – Second chance romance, protect the mc at all costs
7) Recommend a long book
Long means whatever you want it to mean, here are some of my recent 450+ page favourites.
- Poldark – I am a big fan of the show so I decided to read the first book in the series earlier this year and I really enjoyed it, so I’ll definitely be continuing this series later in the year!
- Jurassic Park – This is one of my favourite movies and I love how Crichton writes so of course, this book is fantastic! Honestly, I know this is going to be a book I re-read again and again in the future!
- The Final Empire – This book. Oh my god! Amazing world-building, great audiobook and damn, look at that cover!
8) Something you’d love to do while stuck at home
Personally, I’ve been getting a kick out of making a steaming hot drink, doing blog post outlines (or playing animal crossing) and just listening to an audiobook. Usually, I’d be watching a movie while stuck at home but I’ve been really in a reading mood lately!
I’ve also been really loving gardening, I’m currently growing cauliflower which I’m hoping to plant as soon as my radishes are fully grown! I’m also working on perfecting growing rocket! (Am I a plant nerd now??) So, I guess my answer is that I’d love to get better at growing different vegetables and even try some fruit – maybe strawberries!
9) What do you plan on reading next?
Next up I’m either planning on reading The Serpent’s Shadow or Clockwork Princess. Either way, I’m super excited to finally finish out these trilogies, even though they’re both so vastly different to each other!
Destiny | Malka & Chana | Rebecca | Bec | Lara | Alexandra | Jeimy | Star | Marilu | Brooklynne | Lizzy | Emma | Beck | Alex | Haley | Ally | Sofi