Hi everyone! How are you all going? Keeping safe? Washing your hands?
I’m currently rarely leaving the house unless I’m getting food or walking the dog because Uni is officially online and my job has officially “shut down” so that’s fun and not annoying at all!
So, because I am virtually never leaving the house unless I’m watering my plants in the backyard each day, I figured why not set out everything I want to do while I’m self-isolating since I now have almost double the time I used to in a week!
WHAT I WANT TO WATCH
I desperately want to finish watching Poldark! By the time this goes up I will no doubt be roughly halfway through season 5 and I can tell you that I’m lowkey scared because I really have loved watching this show and I can’t believe this show is going to be over in a few episodes! I need more Morwenna and Drake content!
While I was at the library last week I also borrowed a bunch of DVDs, and got out Jack Ryan season 1 and Assassination Classroom season 1 so I’m hoping I’ll be able to at least give those both a go once I’ve finished Poldark ( 😭😭 ). So, if you’ve watched either of those, please let me know because I don’t know which one to start with!
I’m also thinking about continuing on with Outlander (I’m in the middle of season 1) and maybe starting a re-watch of Charmed but I know I@ll probably get burnt out around mid-season 2 and I don’t want that to happen.
I honestly don’t have any tv plans outside of finishing Poldark but I think I’d like to try some new shows while I have the chance. It’s funny how much extra time I have when I’m not commuting to and from school &/or going to work!
Honestly, I have no idea what to do after I finish Poldark, so if you know of some great shows or movies on Netflix (Australian Netflix, lol) or Disney+ please let me know!
I’ve also just started playing Animal Crossing New Leaf on my 3DS so that’s fun if a little confusing. I’m really enjoying just setting out a few hours after or before class to wake myself up while playing an audiobook in the background! I can definitely see why so many people (especially book lovers) love the game, though I can’t really tell why there are so many variations of the game? As far as I can tell you mostly just do the same things each time you log in?? Either way, it’s a great distraction for a rainy day, and definitely a good purchase for me during self-isolation!
- The Turn of The Screw – I am roughly 75% of the way through this as we speak and honestly, I’m not loving this but, I’m reading it for class which is why I haven’t DNFd it.
- Dracula – I’m actually really interested in reading this, or I was before I saw that my copy is 450 pages long when I thought it was a shorter novel. But apart from that, I am pretty excited to see how this compares to the movie with Keanu Reeves!
- Artemis Fowl and The Atlantis Complex & Artemis Fowl and The Last Guardian
- – I just recently finished reading book 6 in the series and really enjoyed it so I’m really hoping to finish reading the series soon!
- The Fowl Twins – I love the Artemis Fowl series so naturally, I want to start the new series featuring his twin brothers!
- The Diviners, Lair of Dreams, Before The Devil Breaks You & The King of Crows – I am roughly 100 pages into book 1 and loving it so I’d love to continue in the series, and potentially finish it too in the next few months!
- Demelza – I loved the first book and love the show too (obviously) but I’m almost finished the series now, so I’d like to be able to read the books and get that extra content. Especially because each season is roughly 2-3 books worth of content so I feel like I’m missing some of the smaller in between scenes, even though the show is so good!
- Assassination Classroom Vol 7, 8 & 9 – If I had’ve known the library was going to be shutting down, trust me I would have ordered the entire series but, I didn’t know so I only have these three because they are what I was up to, but I’m hoping, depending on when the library opens, I’ll just buy the next volume on my Kindle.
- Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets & Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban – I am currently 12% of the way through this which isn’t very far but, when I’m in the groove I seem to read this pretty fast so I’m hoping to just sit down after class one day (on my laptop obv) and read as much as I can for the day. And then I’m hoping to move onto book 3 asap!
- The Final Empire & The Well of Ascension – I’ve read the trilogy before but I@m due for a re-read and I’d like to read movie “big books” this year so I’m hoping to read this trilogy so I can continue on with Sanderson’s other books next year!
- My Dark Vanessa – I managed to snag my library copy a few hours before all the libraries closed in my city, so I am really excited to get to this really soon!
- The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire & The Serpent’s Shadow – I’m about to start my buddy read of the PJO-verse with Destiny and we’re starting with the Kane Chronicles so I’m super excited to dive into this world with Destiny!