Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog! Today I’m talking to you about how I schedule my reading during the school term!
If you’re curious you can look at this example document that I made based on a previous school term.
Break your week down to uni/college vs work vs downtime
So, here’s how I would do it now:
- Monday – Uni, Work
- Tuesday – Uni
- Wednesday – Uni
- Thursday – Work
- Friday – Study day
- Weekend – spare
2. And then figure out which days you would be happy to read and when:
- Monday – bus ride: 3 hours
- Tuesday – bus ride: 3 hours
- Wednesday – bus ride: 3 hours
- Thursday – 10-20 minutes before work (only if time)
- Friday – read if in the mood
- Weekend – start/finish whatever currently reading
3. I then go a bit further and add dates and any book titles i have for classes & other books if I’ll have time for that month.
Uni Week 1: 08/07 – 12/07
- Monday (Cinema 2-6) City of Glass Audio [roughly 4 hours worth – try and finish the book]
- Tuesday (Shakespeare 11-1) Henry Lawson stories 1
- Wednesday Henry Lawson stories 2
- Thursday (Storytellers 10-12) Henry Lawson catch up
- Friday Henry Lawson catch up
- Movie: Singin in the Rain (1952)
4. I generally will do up a schedule for the whole term (roughly 3-4 months) so, later in the semester once, I’ve read a bunch of my books for class my schedule can also look like this:
Uni Week 6: Work Week 6: 19/08 – 23/08
- Monday (Cinema 2-6) As You Like It
- Tuesday (Shakespeare 11-1) The Great Gatsby (50+ pages)
- Wednesday The Great Gatsby (150+ pages, finish)
- Thursday (Storytellers 10-12) City of Fallen Angels Audio (4+/- hours)
- Movie: Double Indemnity 1944
If you want an example of what a whole scheduled semester of Uni + free time reading would look like you can check out this Google doc!