Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog! Happy new year! (yes, I know it’ not the 1st, shhh) Since it’s a brand new year (and a new decade wow) I thought this tag would be pretty spot and it’s also pretty quick so I hope you all enjoy!
This tag was originally created by Heather at Bookables.
q1 how many books are you going to read in 2020?
My Goodreads goal is 100 but honestly, if I just manage to read a book a month I’ll be happy. I’m going back to school this year after a *very* long break so I’m hoping that it won’t ruin me this year like it did in 2019. If I can read a book a week that would be amazing but really, my goal is 12 throughout the year which I know is very low-key but I’m trying to be realistic. Anyway… sob story over. My Goodreads goal is 100 as a sort of motivator for me to keep reading but, I’ll change it if I need to because ain’t nobody got time for dat.
q2 Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2020.
- Harry Potter 1 (Well, the whole series really…) – I’ve been slowly reading this book for months and I need to move onto book 2 asap because reading this slowly is driving me insane.
- Capturing The Devil – I have started this one but damn, I really wanted to have read the whole series together but I really shot myself in the foot with a reading slump last year and this never got finished.
- Breaking Dawn – Again, started it and never finished.
- Thunderhead – I am currently reading this so we can all hope that I’ll finish soon and get a review up for you all!
- The Toll – This is the finale of the trilogy so if I don’t get to this in the next month you all have permission to yell at me.
q3 What genre do you want to read more of?
I really don’t know, I haven’t put all that much thought into it, but maybe fantasy? I have always automatically said that fantasy is my favourite genre but, in 2019 I read more contemporaries and romances over other genres, so in 2020 I’d really like to explore more types of fantasy. So, I’ve got plenty of Middle-Grade and YA fantasies as well as High Fantasy on my tbr for the year!
I’d also like to give manga a go since I’m currently also giving anime another shot. So, recommendations are very welcome!
q4 Name 3 non-book related goals for 2018.
- Try my hardest with school but stop or go slower if it becomes too much.
- Stress less about work.
- Try to do at least 2 “different” things in 2020 (and try not to be pessimistic when you do them)
q5 What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read
Last year I would’ve said Inkheart which I ended up DNFing so I’m not sure that I have the best track record with these questions, and I’ve also just done a massive unhaul of like, 50+ books but from just eyeing my shelves I’d probably say the Lux series has been on my shelves the longest and I’ve only read 2/5 books. BUT I do intend on reading them later in the year, so hopefully, they will get read!
q6 One word that you’re hoping 2020 will be
Progressive. Honestly, I hope that 2020 will be good for my confidence so that’s probably my “me” word, but I really want 2020 to be the year I just progress through life. It doesn’t need to be perfect I just need to get through it and hopefully, life will surprise me along the way. But I only accept good surprises in 2020 because, again, ain’t nobody got time for dat!
7. Tag a friend!