Hey guys, welcome back to my blog! Today I’m coming at you with my reading wrap up for April, May and June of this year! In April & May school got pretty hectic so I didn’t get to read as much as I would have liked but, I still read a fair amount! I read some pretty meh books but I also read a whole bunch of different books!
*Click on the covers to go to my Goodreads reviews.
★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆
- City of Bones – This was such a surprise for me, I’m honestly shocked I didn’t hate this.
- Hunger – I had some issues with this but overall, this was a fantastic read and I definitely think more people need to read it.
- I Was Born For This – I didn’t love this as much as I wanted to but I can still appreciate why o many others love this one.
- Misery – Wow, what a mind f*ck.
- The Hunter – I read this for school. Bleh.
★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆
- Caraval [05/05/19] – This book is so magical, I love it.
- Legendary [06/05 – 08/05/19] – I talked about this a lot in my reading updates which you can find here but, Donatella really rubs me the wrong way, so I definitely didn’t enjoy this as much as I did Caraval.
- Jane Eyre [08/05 – 14/05/2019] – If I ever see the word ejaculated on the page ever again it’ll be too soon.
- The Boat [20/03 – 27/05/2019] – Had to read this for school, didn’t finish it completely but I got pretty close. I never want to see this book again. 👋👋👋
★★★★☆ ★★★★★ ★★★☆☆ ★★☆☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆
- Winter [19/05 – 04/06/2019] – 4.5 ⭐ – This was such a joy, but I can’t believe my buddy read of the series with Rebecca is almost over!
- The Unhoneymooners [02/06 – 05/06/2019] – 4.5 ⭐ – I buddy read this with Malka and actually had so much fun! I haven’t read any romance in a while and this was a great reminder of why I need to incorporate more of these books into my tbrs!
- Again, but Better [15/05 – 10/06/2019] – 2.5 ⭐ – This was so underwhelming but made me want to travel so that’s nice. rtc.
- Heart of Darkness [13/06/2019] – 2 ⭐ – I have literally no idea what I just read. All I know is that this was hella racist and I hate that I’m going to have to read it again because of school.
- The Hating Game [16/06 – 17/06/2019] – 4 ⭐ – I read this in a few hours + a quick sleep break. The angst pulled me in and wouldn’t let go!
- Stars Above [16/06 – 17/06/2019] – 2.5 ⭐ – This was SO underwhelming!
- Control Freak [23/06/2019 – 24/06/2019] – 2.75 ⭐ – There wasn’t anything wrong with this, it just wasn’t really my cup of tea. But if you’re into age gaps and dom/sub relationships, give this one a go. rtc
- Twilight [18/06 – ?/06/2019] – 2 ⭐ – This was… concerning.