Hey guys, welcome back to my blog! Today I’m coming at you with my reading wrap up of the first three months of the year, January, February & March! I’ve managed to read 48 things so far this year so I’m pretty chuffed with my reading progress so far! I’ve read some new favourites and some… others, and I’ve read books from new genres and age groups and I’m super excited to see what my next wrap up looks like since this one was so varied!
★★★★★ : 5
★★★★☆ : 16
★★★☆☆ : 22
★★☆☆☆ : 3
★☆☆☆☆ : 2
★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★★ ★★★☆☆ ★★☆☆☆ ★★★☆☆
- Fence Vol 1 – Fantastic art, I’m excited for volume 2
- And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer and Longer – Woah.
- The Long Way To A Small, Angry Planet – Such an interesting start to a trilogy! Loved the characters!
- A Closed And Common Orbit – Very interesting plot and characters, but didn’t live up to the hype for me.
- Record of A Spaceborn Few – Nope, nope, nope-i-ty nope! This was so so bland, I can’t believe what I just read.
- Every Heart A Doorway – Always, fun to re-read this one!
★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆
- Down Among The Sticks and Bones – I always get so much pleasure out of reading this book. It speaks so much to how much pressure parents put on their children and I love the way Seanan McGuire uses the characters and their traits to shows how their childhoods have shaped them as teens.
- Beneath The Sugar Sky – This book is beautiful and to anyone who says that Cora talks too much about her weight: screw you.
- In An Absent Dream – I really loved being in the Goblin Market and experiencing how the characters handled “fair value” in this novella. It’s not my favourite in the series but it’s a close contender!
- You – Slightly overrated but definitely a good book, though I prefer the show.
- Cinder – Such a fun re-read, I didn’t enjoy this the last time I read this but I had a better time this go around.
★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★★ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆
- The Psychology of Time Travel – This was a really interesting behind the scenes of the rules of time travel but the rest of the book was pretty boring. I cared more about the intricacies of time travel than I did about the plot or characters.
- Scarlet – I have re-read this a few times in the past and have never been a big fan of Scarlet of Wolf but I think it helped me that I haven’t read this series in a few years because I actually really enjoyed myself this time around. I thought Scarlet was a really headstrong, badass and I am really interested to read more about Wolf’s character development & progress.
- Harry Potter & The Philosopher Stone – I’ve been really in the mood for this series lately so this was the perfect January read. Also, I”m planning on watching the movies after I read the books which will be a really fun experience.
- I Hate Fairyland Vol 1 – This is without a doubt, one of my favourite comic series of all time.
- I Hate Fairyland Vol 2 – This series really is a joy to read!
- I Hate Fairyland Vol 3 – I really do recommend this series, please read it!
- Hate Fairyland Vol 4 – A bit underwhelming because it’s the finale but I loved it either way.
★★☆☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆
- Snotgirl Vol 1 – This is some of the most disappointing shit that’s happened to me all year. I’m mad.
- Giant Days Vol 1 – This was a re-read because I wanted to give this series another try after not enjoying it the first time. I definitely liked it more this time around so I’ll give the series another shot.
- Giant Days Vol 2 – The series is definitely improving but I really wish they would focus on character development rather than relationships, but we’re only on volume 2.
- Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets – This really is one of my favourites in this series, Lockhart is truly stupid and it’s really just a fun time getting to know the Weasleys better. Also, can we give Percy a break? His family is kind of horrible to him and he doesn’t deserve half the flack he gets. #sorrynotsorry
- Giant Days Vol 3 – I still feel like these characters are a bit underhyped but I have high hopes for this series so I’m going to give it a chance.
- Giant Days Vol 4 – I really want some character development with Daisy to happen, but I keep being denied the simple pleasures.
- The Hobbit – I’m honestly not sure what to think of this one, I did enjoy aspects of it, but overall, had I not previously seen all the LOTR movies, this would have never have convinced me to pick up the LOTR books.
★★★★★ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★☆☆☆☆
- Practical Magic – I really loved this, it was absolutely enthralling and haunting.
- Artemis Fowl – This was such a fun read, I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed these characters!
- Giant Days Vol 5 – Nothing really happened in this volume tbh, it was pretty underwhelming.
- Giant Days Vol 6 – I really enjoyed this volume it feels like the authors finally know where they want to series to go!
- Giant Days Vol 7 – i wish we had more Ed & that Esther would either get a solid relationship or a better plotline but I did really like this volume despite that.
- Giant Days Vol 8 – Wow, I love character development and I feel like the authors are finally getting on board with that.
- After – It scares me that this got published, it really does.
★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
- The Colour of Magic – I really like Pratchett’s writing and the Discworld, in general, is really interesting but this was just weird and so so confusing.
- The Risk – I’m trying to read outside of YA and give New Adult a go and I really enjoyed this so I’ve had a 50/50 experience so far!
- The Deal – I’ve read 3 new adults novels this week, who am I???
- The Gilded Wolves – I wasn’t expecting to love this as much as I did, this was such a fun read!
★★☆☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★★ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★☆☆☆☆
- A Princess in Theory – I definitely didn’t love this but oh well!
- Cress – Oh boy, I loved re-reading this because I can really see how I’ve grown as a reader and as a person – I have a lot more thought on this now than I did when I read this a few years ago.
- Let’s Get Textual – I think I just found my first ever Book Boyfriend, put this on your tbr guys, this book is amazing. Also, there are goats. Thank you, Destiny, for recommending this to me! 💕💕
- Blanca & Roja – I don’t even know what to say, this book was a mess. I’ll link my mini GR review here because I’m sick of ranting about this book (to myself, I’m a mess).
- Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban – This is one of my least favourite books in the series, it’s boring as batsh*t but has so many little nuggets in it that make it such a worthwhile read as part of the series!
- Sawkill Girls – This book is absolutely gruesome. It’s a really interesting mix of Into The Drowning Deep & A Wrinkle in Time.
- Fairest – This was A LOT, actually it was too much. I definitely won’t be reading this one again.
book boo★★★☆☆ ★★★★★ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆
- Daisy Jones & The Six – This was a miss for me, but still holds a lot of potential as an on-screen mini-series.
- Autoboyography – I honestly can’t believe I almost never picked this up.
- Darkfever – The main character is a pain in the ass but the actual world in the book is interesting and very very disturbing so I think I’ll try book 2 sometime later on.
- A Blade So Black – This was a really interesting take on Wonderland so I’ll definitely be picking up book 2 to hopefully finish up this story.
- The Red Pyramid – I can’t believe I’ve never read this before, it was so so good! Such an interesting take on Egyptian mythology with all the classic Riordan twists!
*Click on the covers to go to my reviews!