Hey guys! I thought since it’s the end of the year and coming to the end of Blogmas I would talk about how I manage to write 3 blog posts every week (or how I’ve managed to write a blog post every day this month). I certainly don’t succeed at writing 3 posts a week, and sometimes I post more than 3 but today I’m going to talk about how I balance my blog with my life and hopefully you guys will enjoy!
My schedule for Blogmas has obviously been a bit crazy because I’ve been posting a blog post every day, but usually, I just post 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and I will be going back to my normal schedule in January.
In my ideal blogging world, I would post a tag, a discussion and a meme every week, but my blog posts usually get swapped around and changed because I schedule my blog posts a few months in advance. So, what I recommend, if you’re busy or you don’t have a whole lot of spare time to write blog posts in is to try and cram whenever you can. Whenever I’m not super busy or getting some reading done I try to do something to do with my blog whether it be commenting back, brainstorming ideas, reading other blog posts or writing my own posts.
But because I also have school and a hectic homelife + reading, blogging can sometimes be an afterthought. So, because life can be a bit too much sometimes I try to write on days I don’t have school or on weekends.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO WRITE A BIG/CRAZY BLOG POST
Some ideas for quick blog posts:
You should also try and schedule some blog posts if you can because that makes life a lot easier and a lot less stressful!
- Your monthly/readathon tbr
- A weekly meme: WWW Wednesday, Top 5 Wednesday, It’s Monday What Are You Reading?, Top 10 Tuesday. If you want more ideas, check out Tanya’s blog post here.
- What you’re currently reading/watching/listening to
- A review or summary of your last few reads
- Tell us about the last movie/tv show you watched!
IF YOU DO HAVE MORE TIME TO WRITE BLOG POSTS
- Take a hiatus!
- Schedule blog posts ahead of time
- Don’t force yourself to write if you aren’t feeling it!
- Brainstorm blogging ideas!
If you do have a bit more time to write some blog posts then I recommend writing some discussions or longer/harder types of blog posts if that’s something you like to have on your blog & also having some tags or memes scheduled or saved up in your drafts. I also like do this when I’m a bit more tired, I like to do a WWW Wednesday, a tag and a discussion/talks post similar to this one.
When I have time I try my hardest to write as many blog posts as I can in the whole day or over the amount of hours I have to sit down and write. But, if I know that I don’t have the time I will put myself and my blog on a hiatus. I do this with my life and my blog. I will try to get schoolwork done, I will avoid any appointments or get togethers and I will avoid my blog other than to write content.
I generally use a hiatus to catch up on life and schedule posts. I try to avoid any stress and just write. I recently took a hiatus from my blog in September and used that week to write the bulk of my Blogmas blog posts and a bunch of others. So, if you’re lacking the time, or you have a lot more time than usual, I recommend going on hiatus and trying to take some stress-free time off and just write!
- Use tags and memes to your advantage!
- Don’t stress!
- Write when you have time but don’t be afraid of a hiatus!
- Schedule blog posts ahead of time
- Set aside time to write, get ahead. if you can write a week ahead or even write more than 3 blog posts in a weekend that’s great too