Hey guys, today I’m coming at you with a new tv chat posts. Whether or not you’ve read the Raven Cycle series, we all know that it’s being turned into a tv show on Syfy, so today I thought I might talk about my hopes and expectations for the show!
**Adam must be relatable and he MUST BE DEAF OR I WILL RAGE – we have almost no deaf rep in media, let alone half deaf so I will be mega pissed off if they don’t include this.
- I hope Henry is mentioned and seen every now and then in the show before he becomes and main, it would be amazing to see him random questions in class or for only some of us to understand who he is
- The Grey Man needs to be confusing to the audience
- Magie Stiefvater is exec producer, sci-fi channel
- Must be deaf
- Stranger Things vibe
- Sense of family – strong
- They would be stupid to include an all-white cast
- MUST look like teens – Spider-Man style
- The books primarily focus on the characters, rather than the plot so I am hoping it will be an emotional show
- Similar to Stranger Things in terms of magical elements, if I crap myself it’s giving off the right vibe
- Characters make the series, rather than the plot
Diverse, close to teenage age
Gansey – white
Ronan – don’t particularly care – so long as he’s tanned I’m good, car oil, biracial maybe?
Noah – White because he’s a ghost duh
Henry – Asian (in the books)
Blue – poc, Blue’s family
Adam – idc
Are you looking forward to the show?
What are your hopes & expectations for TRC?
2 thoughts on “MY HOPES AND EXPECTATIONS FOR THE “RAVEN CYCLE” TV SHOW #1”
YES YES YES YES. I have such high hopes for the vibe of the show. And I completely want to see Henry (and even Kavinsky) around the school and having people who haven’t read the book maybe not realise their significance but to those of us who have it will be obvious who they are.
I am also 100% here for biracial Ronan. I know a lot of people want him to be played by african american actors however his father is irish and his brother had blonde hair. Also (personally) I think some of his behavior would mean he would be perpetuating harmful stereotypes if he was one of the only POC characters in the show. Speaking of which, Kavinsky HAS to be white.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, if anything I want the vibe of the show to be perfect. If it doesn’t feel right then it doesn’t matter what the characters are like because I won’t want to watch it anyway.
I feel like we need to see Henry in the background, he was there in the books so why shouldn’t he be there in the background?
I agree about Ronan, I don’t think him being poc would end well (and I feel shit saying that now wow) for all the same reasons. Yes, if Kavinsky isn’t white I’ll be like… whatttttttttt??
LikeLiked by 1 person