Hey guys, today I’m coming at you with a pretty random post! I was hit with a sudden need to talk about superhero movies today and how I feel about all the upcoming films.
Basically what I want to talk about today with you guys is that I really think the superhero films we currently have all pretty much the same. They all follow the same basic structure:
Intro, fight (lose), aw shucks, motivation revamp yay we can do this, action scene (win)
It’s all the same stuff – how many revamps of Batman, Superman and/ or Spider-Man do we need? I know they make money but you know what would also make money? A Spider-Gwen movie, or you know what would have made money before they destroyed her character? Black Widow. I was so excited for that movie but A2 destroyed her for character for me and now I couldn’t get give two shits.
Movies I want to see:
- Spider-Verse – I know it’s still Spider-Man but it’s every Spider-Man, the Spidey movie to end all Spidey movies.
- Scarlet Witch – Maybe some proper back story this time? I want to really get to know here character because at the moment she’s just the chick with magic that hangs out with Vision and that’s basically it.
- Miles Morales – I know we’re getting an animated movie but come on, I doubt it’s even going to hit my cinemas.
- Fantastic Four – The F4 are one of my favourite super teams of all time so I need a proper movie. I refuse to see the 2015/2016 movie because no. It looks terrible and I refuse to subject myself to that.
- Silver Surfer – The comics are amazing and this would be the BEST film. Just SS in space hanging out with Dawn and saving planets.
- Captain Marvel – I love her she deserves the world
- Rocket & Groot Buddycop movie – They’re comic series is amazing and seeing it translated into film would be phenomenal
- Booster Gold – Because come on! I’m pretty sure we’re supposed to be getting this movie but they talked about that years ago so I’m not getting my hopes up.
- Ms Marvel – The comic series has really transformed the comic world and has also gotten new people to start reading comics. Also, it will show companies that we do want to watch films with diverse characters, and we don’t have a problem with main characters who aren’t white or catholic/atheist.
I’m sick of seeing all the standard Avengers and Batman films, I want something different. I want what Marvel did with GOTG, everyone said that movie would fail but it’s one of the best Marvel films there is.
Basically, what I want to see in feature superhero films is more diversity and the companies actually taking a chance. What I really don’t understand is why Marvel, DC, Fox and everyone else refuses to take a chance. I mean, take Deadpool for instance, the only reason that movie made it through and got made was because that 30 second clip got leaked and the fans went insane. If that hadn’t happened we still wouldn’t have a Deadpool movie and we would all be a lot sadder.
Anyway, this post isn’t about me shitting on Superhero movies, because trust me I love them. This is about me really wishing they would branch out and try something new. I want companies to take a chance like Marvel did with Guardians.
I’m writing this post now, mainly because I was hit with sudden inspiration to talk about Superheroes, but also because I think that I’m not alone in thinking that the Superhero movies we have now all feel pretty similar. Also, with companies like Marvel who are finally getting into phase four of the story arc that we’ve been following since 2008, I think that this will really give the company a chance to break out. Infinity War is coming up, and we’re going to be introduced to all these different characters, I think there is something like 60-80 characters in that film, and I am so excited!
With all the deaths and contracts that are going to be finished with the end of Infinity War I think this is a really great chance for Marvel to introduce new characters. I want younger kids to see an ad for Captain Marvel and get really excited because that’s a female superhero and she’s in space!! I want all the little kids who fell in love with Rocket and Groot to have the same experience with other heroes, and not to just watch the same remake until they swear off superhero movies altogether.
Are you an MCU or DC fan?
How do you feel about superhero movies at the moment?