I really like the idea of this tag, basically what I’m going to do is talk about the traits that I didn’t like in one book or series and recommend another book from that, this way you might find a book similar, that you enjoy. Here’s the original tag! X
- Really inventive plot
- Vomit-inducing romance
- Painfully obvious plot twists
- Annoying main character
I really disliked the Firebird trilogy but I know that I am in the minority. So if by some crazy chance any of you guys didn’t like the trilogy, you might like The Rig by Joe Ducie.
- Unique friend group
- interesting plot
- No love triangle
- Set in Australia
- Diverse main character
- Annoying and unappreciative main character
- Not so great family communication
So the main reason I recommend this is because Henry Hoey Hobson is also set in Australia. actually, it’s set right down the road from where I live which excites me to no end. HHH is one of my favourite books, I’ve probably read it 20 times since it came out back in 2010. It’s very much a family story like Looking For Alibrandi but personally, I much prefer the main character.
- Set in Aus
- Good family communication
- Awesome neighbours
- Realistic single parent familial situation
- There are literally none, I hated this book so much ohmygod
- The whole book
- If you want overbearing romance and little to no plot this is your book.
The Final Empire, unlike some books *glares at picture of FOTR* is an amazing piece of literature that should be remembered for centuries.
- There is a plot and it is amazing
- Really great cast of characters
- Brandon Sanderson is actually a god?
- Also High Fantasy
- So quotable, it’s ridiculous
- Really awesome format
- Boring plot
- Unbelievable romance
- Seriously boring as bat shit
If you haven’t heard of this book, what have you been doing? Sleeping Giants reminds me of a sort of clash of The Iron Giant and the Atlantis films.
- Original and Unique plot
- The same format as Illuminae
- Different characters (personality wise)
- Really good audiobook